Fun facts about your region:
- The Northeast region has three large sized counties (Boulder, Larimer and Weld), two medium sized counties (Logan and Morgan) and five small sized counties (Jackson, Phillips, Sedgwick, Washington, and Yuma)
- Seven of our counties are participating in the SafeCare Program (Logan, Morgan, Phillips, Sedgwick, Washington, Weld, and Yuma). SafeCare is designed to help mothers and fathers with parenting skills through intensive home visits by non-profit workers familiar with child welfare issues. The program was funded by the state legislature and is part of Governor John Hickenlooper's "Keeping Kids Safe and Families Healthy 2.0" child welfare program.
- Nine of our counties are on track to roll out or are currently practicing Differential Response (Boulder, Jackson, Larimer, Logan, Morgan, Phillips, Sedgwick, Washington, and Yuma).
- Our region is vastly different. Some counties have more of a metro feel, while many of our counties are agricultural communities.
- Three major universities are housed in our region: the University of Colorado in Boulder, Colorado State University in Fort Collins, and the University of Northern Colorado in Greeley.
- The smallest county in our region is Jackson County. The county seat is Walden and the population estimate in 2017 was 1,385 people.
- The largest county in our region is Larimer County. The county seat is Fort Collins and the population estimate in 2017 was 343,976 people.
- The Northeast Regional Training Center is located in Larimer County. The county seat, Fort Collins, has more restaurants per capita than most cities in the nation, offering our trainees plenty of options for breakfast, lunch and dinner during their stay here!
We serve the following counties: